MR. BABU KUNDUKULAM (P.T) (CHIEF PHYSIO.)
MR.SUDHEEN SHAMSUDHEEN (P.T)
The Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation is aimed at helping patients recover or improve their physical abilities.
This department seeks to identify and maximize quality of life and movement potential through prevention, intervention (treatment), promotion and rehabilitation. It has gained training and skills to treat a wide range of physical problems linked to different systems in the body, including: Neuromuscular systems, musculoskeletal systems and cardiovascular systems.
A. ELECTRO THERAPY
1. Short Wave Diathermy 450 disc type for back pain, shoulder pain, knee pain etc.
2. Laser Therapy for soft tissue pains, tennis elbow, golfers elbow, calcanium spur, de qurevins, TMJ pains etc
3. Interferential Therapy for chronic muscular pains, radiating pain, disco genic pain, neck pain etc.
4. Tens therapy for neurological pain and weakness etc.
5. Ultrasound therapy for joint pains, spot pain, increase blood circulation
6. Traction unit with bed for increase in the disc space (back and neck)
7. Wax bath unit for rumato joints disease to reduce the post-operative stiffness, degenerative joint pains etc.
8. Muscular stimulator for muscle weakness, nerve weakness etc.
9. CPM unit for post OP joint stiffness
10. Infra-red therapy (non eliminated) for muscle pain
11. Moisture heat therapy for joint pain
B Exercise Therapy Unit:
1. Multi Exercise Chair
2. Shoulder wheel
3. Shoulder ladder
4. Shoulder pulley
5. Multi hand exerciser
6. Static cycle
7. Parallel bar
8. Ankle exerciser
9. Physio ball
10. Peg Board
11. Woulber Board
12. Thera band exerciser
13. All Types of Walking Aids
The physiotherapy unit at Sevana has the largest neuro, spastic and ortho rehabilitation centers.